Making money as WAHM (work @ home mom!!!!!!)

Ok ladies lets just jump right in, I know how valuable your time is. :)

Here are some things you can do to supplement your income and still be able to be at home with your precious babies. These are the things I am doing to make it work.

First of all,  if you write or blog this would be the ideal way to make money at home, join a writers compensation program here's a list of some...

  1. HubPages (g) – Article-style submission site and directory.
  2. eHow (s) – How to articles submission site and directory.
  3. Triond (s) – User-generated article, news, video, media and content site.
  4. Xomba (g) – Article, blog posting, social and community-based site.
  5. Helium (s) – Article, essay, debate and feedback submission community.
  6. AssociatedContent (s) – Articles, news, videos, audio, images, etc.
  7. DotNetSpider (g) – Tech-related articles, tutorials and information.
  8. DigitalPointForums (g) – SEO, webmasters, affiliates & marketing forum.
  9. Squidoo (g) – Articles, news, blurbs and all types of content – community.
  10. Webmaster-Talk (g) – Webmaster forum.
  11. ArticleCodex (g) – Article submission and directory site.
  12. MeshPlex (g) – Tutorial, Wiki submission directory and database.
  13. ShareYourExpertise (g) – Information sharing community.
  14. ScreenDig (g) – TV shows, movies, celebrities and games.
  15. NamePros (g) – Buy, sell and discuss domain names – forum.
  16. BloggerParty (g) – Revenue sharing blogging community.
  17. YouSayToo (s) – Social revenue sharing community.
  18. RateItAll (g) – Consumer based ratings and reviews community.
  19. ArticleWise (g) – Article submission and directory site.
  20. HowToDoThings (g) – How to and tutorial submission site.
  21. SpeakAboutIt (g) – Articles, opinions, information – community.
  22. PrintnPost (g) – Articles and blogging submission and directory site.
You can also link a lot of these to social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter to generate more views and therefore receive more compensation. Link your blog to Googles adsense program, which is a way to earn money just from your blog. Google matches ads that relate to your blogs content.

The only writers compensation program I use currently is ehow, I joined ehow Dec 2009 and haven't written for them in quite a few months but I still receive monthly revenue through paypal based on how useful my articles are and how many views per article, etc. I really liked how easy it used to be to write for ehow. Now when you want to write for ehow you are linked to a site called Demand Studios. You have to apply to write for them, then you have access to the article titles that need to be written and you can claim the ones you want to write based on topic and compensation.

Here's another idea for you. Join a company like elance.com. Elance is a a website where companies who have outsourced jobs that need to be done are matched with people who have the skills to do them. If you are looking for work through them you have to sign up and pay a fee, then you will be able to search the lists of jobs available and bid on them. I was in Real Estate before I had my son and I used this site to find some outsourced real estate marketing gigs. They paid on average $100 a piece for pretty easy work. This is worth looking in to.

Ebay, this is probably the most fun for me because I love to shop! What I do is I score deals at thrift stores, consignment stores, yard sales, etc. and I re-sale on ebay. Sell what you know. We've all heard the saying do what you love and you will never WORK a day in your life. If you are into fashion and know what sells you could make quite the handsome profit selling clothing on ebay. If you love antiques then sell antiques. You would really be surprised what sells on ebay. Here's a funny story while we are on this subject. Mybrother and I were looking on ebay once and came across a used water bottle someone was selling. I added it to my watch list saying who the heck would buy this" and sure enough it sold for over $100

As a joke my brother and I took a sock drew a face on it and put it up for auction and called it the happy sock.it sold for over $10, not bad for a used sock. lol
Oh and since it was a weird auction it got a lot of traffic. There are websites dedicated just to finding weird eBay auctions...who knew? Do what you know to make the most money and have the most fun!   
    
Hope this helps at least point you in the right direction. I will post more on this topic soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some websites I thought you might enjoy!

Breaking The Silence....Why I left. Throwing it all out there.

Walgreens Coupon Deals: Week of 10/16